A Strong History
The American Youth Harp Ensemble continues to dazzle audiences around the world as American's premier youth harp ensemble, well known for their musical sophistication, rich sound, emotional power, and imaginative programming of repertoire. The American Youth Harp Ensemble (AYHE) has brought world-class music to enthusiastic audiences in the U.S. and abroad through hundreds of performances, recordings, television and radio features most recently on CNN, NBC, PBS, and NPR affiliate stations. The AYHE made its international debut performing in the Maastricht Music Festival (Netherlands).
The HARPS Foundation-American Youth Harp Ensemble maintains and develops programs and performance opportunities for children and youth, regardless of financial means or disabilities, utilizing the harp as a catalyst for personal growth and community service.
The HARPS Foundation American Youth Harp Ensemble is an innovative resource for increasing the appreciation, performance, instruction, and therapeutic value of the harp in the greater Richmond area and worldwide.
With over twenty national and international tours to their credit, the AYHE has had many notable performances.
- The Maastrich Music Festival - Netherlands
- Edinburgh Easter Festival - Scotland
- The Paris Music Festival - France
- Salle Gaveau - Paris, France
- Salla Puccini - Milan, Italy
- London Festival of Music - England
- The Advent Music Festival in Vienna - Austria
- World Harp Congress - Australia
National Concert Halls
- Carnegie Hall, Weill Recital Hall - New York, NY (2001, 2007, 2012, and 2016)
- Lincoln Center, Alice Tully Hall - New York, NY
- The Kennedy Center - Washington, D.C.
- The White House East Room - Washington, D.C. (2010, 2011)
Conferences, Festivals, & Concert Series
- 34th and 38th American Harp Society National Conferences
- 34th Annual Kennedy Center Honors - Washington, D.C.
- Charleston International Festival of Music and Choirs - South Carolina
- U.S. Department of State's "State of the Arts" Concert Series - Washington, D.C. (2009-2011)
- The Association for Music Personnel in Public Radio National Conference (the AYHE was showcased for music directors from National Public Radio affiliate stations across the US and has subsequently been broadcast nationally)
- The United Nations (New York, New York)
- Opening Concert, 9th Summer Institute, American Harp Society
Other Notable Performances
- Amani Peace Concert, an African music collaboration benefiting the Grace Baptist Institute in Liberia
- For the Prince and Princess of Belgium
- Hour-long live broadcast on public radio, WCVE 88.9FM